Supporting transition from primary
On this page, you will find useful information and links to everything you'll need to know about your child starting at The Mandeville School. Make sure you check out the guide to starting secondary and the video tour at the bottom of the page.
Now your child has begun their journey at Mandeville, you may wish to ask more questions about how they’re settling in. This is a good opportunity to talk about your child, and any additional support they may need.
Details of how to buy uniform can be found by downloading THIS LETTER that was sent to all parents and carers during the summer term.
At the start of June the school sent parents an admissions pack that contained important forms, as well as details of how to get a locker and set up cashless payments for food etc.
If you did not receive this or you need a new copy of any of the items that were sent out, then you can download them below:
- Admissions form
- Cashless catering letter
- Cashless catering FAQs
- Letter about getting a locker
- Home/School Agreement Values
- Home/School Agreement form
- Equipment list
- Free school meals form
- Map of the school
Parents and carers of new starters also received a welcome brochure at the start of the summer. You can download a copy of this by clicking the image below.
A GUIDE TO STARTING SECONDARY
Moving to secondary school presents a number of new challenges for students. These are to be expected but are nothing to be concerned about.
You will need to:
- Ask questions when you do not understand
- Take responsibility for your own work
- Understand the value of working hard
- Stick with topics, subjects and relationships when they become tricky or difficult
- Be organised. Know what you need, when you need it and where it is
- Revise for assessments and exams
- Complete more independent work at home and on your own
- Meet deadlines for homework and projects.
This may seem a little daunting but you will be able to meet these challenges when you embrace the values of our school: Perseverance - Kindness - Integrity - Community.
And don't worry as all members of the school community will help and support you to be the best you can as you embark on your journey of learning, development and growth at Mandeville.
First, why don't you take a quick look around the school with our virtual tour!