Our school encourages each student to aspire and value life-long learning.
We provide opportunities to develop key employability and enterprise skills, such as individual interview guidance, which are highly valued by employers, colleges, universities, and apprenticeship providers.
The CEIAG programme has been developed with local market information in mind. The programme engages parents and local employers, both in school and externally, to support our students in becoming employable and aspirational young people.
We facilitate student encounters with employers and employees, and with further and higher education.
We seek workplace experience for each student and embed careers learning across the curriculum.
We actively seek feedback from all stakeholders, and act on it to continuously improve impact for each student and employers.
Tel: 01296 745 400 ext 434
The Gatsby Benchmarks were developed on behalf of the Gatsby Foundation by Sir John Holman. They define what careers provision in education looks like and provide a clear framework for organising the careers provision at Mandeville.
The Gatsby Benchmarks are:
- A stable careers programme
- Learning from careers and labour market information
- Addressing the needs of each student
- Linking curriculum learning to careers
- Encounters with employers and employees
- Experiences of workplaces
- Encounters with further and higher education
- Personal guidance
Up to date information from the Buckinghamshire Skills Hub can be found in the Classroom to Careers Newsletters.
- November's Classroom to Careers
- October's Classroom to Careers
- September's Classroom to Careers
- July's Classroom to Careers
- June's Classroom to Careers
The Department for Education produces this guide to apprenticeships for the benefit of parents and carers:
ARE YOU AN EMPLOYER?
Please contact Maggie Brunt at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 01296 745 400 ext 434 if you would like to get involved with our careers programme.