Equality & diversity
Our Equality Objectives reflect The Mandeville School's priorities and draw upon available data and other evidence. Careful analysis of this is undertaken in order to ensure that we are working to achieve improved outcomes for different groups.
Our equality objectives are:
Ensure that the school’s academic and pastoral curriculum is diverse and reflects a range of cultures, religions, abilities, types of family, sexual identities and genders positively
Ensure that students from all ethnic backgrounds can achieve results commensurate with their abilities
Ensure LGBTQIA+ students feel supported within the school community: free from harassment, represented in the school’s curriculum and supported to flourish
We also have overarching objectives for the whole school community which include:
- To promote spiritual, moral, social and cultural development through all appropriate curricular and extra-curricular opportunities .
- To reduce prejudice and increase understanding of equality through our curriculum.
- To move beyond deterministic notions of fixed ability and to model teaching and learning behaviours that avoid labelling and take on a belief in ‘growth mindset’.
- To eradicate prejudice related bullying in relation to the protected characteristics listed in the Equality Act 2010.
- To tackle prejudice and promote understanding in relation to people with disabilities.
- To tackle prejudice and promote understanding in relation to gender, homophobia and biphobia, and sexist, sexual and transphobic bullying.