Welcome to the Transition page for Year 6 students going into Year 7. Here you will find useful information and links to everything you'll need to know about The Mandeville School before you start in September
The transition days are on Tuesday 5th and Wednesday 6th of July 2022.
There is an important evening event for parents to attend on Tuesday 5th July 2022. Further details will be shared in advance.
As Head of Year 7, I wish to welcome you to our school and I hope you are excited about joining us in September 2022. I very much look forward to meeting you all.
What might be new and different?
Moving to secondary school presents a number of new challenges for students. These are to be expected but are nothing to be concerned about. You will need to:
● ask questions when you do not understand
● take responsibility for your own work
● understand the value of working hard
● stick with topics, subjects and relationships when they become tricky or difficult
● be organised. Know what you need, when you need it and where it is
● revise for assessments and exams
● complete more independent work at home and on your own
● meet deadlines for homework and projects.
This may seem a little daunting but you will be able to meet these challenges when you embrace the values of our school: Perseverance - Kindness - Integrity - Community.
And don't worry as all members of the school community will help and support you to be the best you can as you embark on your journey of learning, development and growth at Mandeville.
First, why don't you take a quick look around the school with our virtual tour!
If your child is absent from school for any reason, please contact the Attendance Officer at the start of every day of absence until your child returns.A note from parents will be required on return to school.
or via the email address firstname.lastname@example.org if you are unable to leave a message on the direct line above.