The Mandeville School’s curriculum intends to provide all students with an introduction to the essential knowledge that they need to be educated citizens. It introduces students to the best that has been thought and said; and helps engender an appreciation of human creativity and achievement. In so doing we offer a balanced and broadly based curriculum which promotes the spiritual, moral, cultural, mental and physical development of students at the school and of society, and prepares students for the opportunities, responsibilities and experiences of later life. Guided by our school motto of ‘Learning today, leading tomorrow’, our curriculum is the broad mix of all the experiences gained by our students, including pastoral time, collective worship, assembly, citizenship, daily lessons, trips and visits and other extra-curricular experiences.
Our curriculum intent encompasses the school’s vision of education and includes the following:
• Knowledge and wisdom
• Skills acquisition which leads to critical and deep thinking
• A moral purpose; underpinned by our 6Rs of resourcefulness, responsibility, resilience, risk-taking, respect and reflection
• Tailor-made experiences (right for the individual, flexible, responsive, progressive)
• Enrichment (extra-curricular, cultural capital, current affairs)
• Young people living in the modern world and preparing for their futures (mental health, social media, PSHE, current affairs, careers, life in modern Britain)
In so doing, The Mandeville School aims to equip all of our students to leave this part of their educational journey with the knowledge, wisdom and skills which will develop them to be the true leaders of tomorrow in whichever path they take in life.
For further information, please contact the Senior Vice Principal: Curriculum.
You can also view our Department Feedback Strategy here.
If your child is absent from school for any reason, please contact the Attendance Officer at the start of every day of absence until your child returns.A note from parents will be required on return to school.
or via the email address firstname.lastname@example.org if you are unable to leave a message on the direct line above.